Winter

Winter

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tiny Treasures


A few weeks ago my mom showed me this framed picture with some fabric inside of and asked me if I recognized it. I said yes, it used to hang in my bedroom throughout my childhood and hadn't seen it in a few years. It turns out that it was a baby's bonnet that my Grandma on my dad's side had made for me. She made it for all the Granddaughters (which is some amazing number as my dad is one of 10 kids and everyone has at least two kids beyond that). My mom had framed the bonnet, and attached the card on the back of the frame that read this; "A tiny square of linen and a dainty edge of lace, designed into a bonnet to frame your baby's face. After baby's warn it fold and tuck away, and it becomes a hanky for baby's wedding day." Well, it brought a tear to my eyes and I am so thankful for the sweet gift and my mom taking such great care of it, and believe me I will have it with me on the big day in less than four months away!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

i can't believe this is all really happening. my little sweet baby sister is getting married. and to a very awesome guy. i'm so proud of you. i want to help in anyway possible. you are beautiful.

p.s. aren't you glad you didn't have to go through the bachelorette to find matt!?

Anonymous said...

That brought a tear to my eye. That is so sweet and something so special.
ps I'm with Shannon on the bachelorette comment! We should all be thankful for that!