1. Fall, fall weather, fall leaves, crisp air.
2. My husband and the things he says that cracks me up. Most recent we were driving with our windows down and stopped at a stoplight and he breathed in deeply and said "fried food and fresh air, two of my favorite smells".
3. NOT being on call for work. The joy I get in the evenings when I turn off my work cell phone. I feel relieved, and I feel freedom. I am very grateful for my job and appreciate the fact that we happen to be very busy right now, but I love love love being at home and NOT working.
4. Good, genuine conversations. I gain greater connections with friends through these moments and I very much appreciate it. Especially when so many things we all talk about all day long and how especially with co-workers it can be irritating or meaningless that is when I appreciate a good friendship and conversation even more.
5. Using a blanket. I am usually hot, and recently we have had the windows open and the fans blowing and that means the weather is perfect for cuddling up with a blanket is happening and I love it.
It really is the simple things in life that bring me joy, clearly.