10. Seeing my baby girl walk, with assistance of course. But goodness, does this girl love walking. Hold hands and lift her up, and she is off. Even if she is bugging out, nothing will cheer her up faster than getting to walk around.
9. I love seeing the determined look my girl gets on her face when she sees something she wants. Usually a toy, but it could also be anything new that enters her line of vision. Today it was my glass of water. She eyed it so hard, then looked at me and back at the water. Sure why not? I thought. I let her try and figure out how to take the tiniest sip of water out of it, and as the water rolled down her face her eyes lit up and let me know that I had opened a door. Now I need to make sure to have a tight grip on any glass I hold or it is either going to her face or on the floor.
8. Sleeping. I have never been one of those people that can fall asleep in three minutes or less (my husband) but you would think after a good but long day watching my daughter all day or running errands that I would fall asleep faster than before. False. I find that as soon as my head hits the pillow my body is worn out, but my mind is racing. I think about important things to really ridiculous things that make me even say in my head 'why in the heck did that just come into your brain?!' So needless to say when I eventually do fall asleep, it's nice.
7. Hummus. I do believe some days I eat half my body weight of hummus. It is a delicious snack but more importantly it is fast. And some days I just have a minute to grab some food if my girl wants to play or needs my attention, hummus is the way to go.
6. The two bottom teeth that now peak out of my girl's mouth every time she smiles.
5. Clean clothes.
4. A hot shower.
3. Hearing my girl "talk" more, she is trying out more "pft" and "bbb" sounds along with her usual "mmmm momma mom ma". So sweet hearing her little voice.
2. The fact that I have figured out exactly which parts of the floor in our entire house creak and which parts are safe to walk on. We play music while Brynn sleeps but sometimes it still seems to quiet in there and I will not risk me walking around the house to wake her up. I think the show Up All Night should do an episode just on how new parents eat (with one hand, or shoveling food down quick before the baby gets upset or needs you) and watch t.v. (quietly or near silent). Oh how things have changed... but thank goodness for it.
1. The thumbs up my husband and I give each other (depending on who puts girlie girl to sleep that night) and the big sigh of relief we feel afterwards. Sometimes she just doesn't want to miss the party and fights going to sleep, but other times she falls asleep easy.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Posted by Lindsay and Matt at Thursday, March 08, 2012