Winter

Winter

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Girl's weekend...

...was great!  What does every mom deserve?  Time with your girls.  Talking.  Time to relax.  Sunshine.  Food that we don't have to make.  A few yummy drinks.  A house that we don't have to clean.  Lists that do not need to be made.  To float on a raft in the water.  Hummingbirds.  Hummus.  And a massage.  (the last three things I added just for me and the very last one just in my imagination).  I met some nice new people and caught up with one of my best friends.  We are all so busy.  And whether we have one child, two or three, you are busy.  You have a lot to think about ALL the time.  And this slower paced time by the water was SO appreciated.

I hope that we all stop to realize that some of the lists are not as important as they seem.  Face time with your fam is always more important than checking things off a list.  I hope that we all get (and give!) the appreciation we feel for the loved ones in our lives.  And I hope we can all take that time for ourselves (or with our friends) to refresh our spirits and give us more energy to take home to our family. 

It was my first time spending two nights away from my baby and when I got home, oh my goodness, I could not wait to see her!  All the extra hugs and kisses and smiles were Amazing.

No comments: