Winter

Winter

Friday, July 2, 2010

Update: our garden

So we started with this...


Next thing we know that space is covered in green! And the squash quickly started to grow up our porch, sprouting flowers and what I assume are squash (I've never grown them before).


We have three more tomatoes growing.. and I say more because we used to have three huge ones that a damn squirrel took! These next three are getting covered with cayenne pepper in hopes of keeping critters away.



A baby cucumber sprouting!


A string of cucumbers! I planted way too many radishes and carrots in too small of a space. So because they didn't have enough room to grow, I decided to pull all of them up and give the cucumbers, tomatoes, and squash some real room to grow and hopefully plant a little wiser next year. I was just so excited that some thing was growing, I didn't really plan out the space as well as I could have.


Carrots are supposed to be a little bigger than radishes, right? :)

At least our fresh basil is going crazy and we have one cute green pepper growing too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! I'm so happy for you and your garden!
My garden is actually coming back to life! the squash died and then all of a sudden started sprouting out again. It's a garden miracle!

Unknown said...

and what the heck? why can't I post from wordpress anymore? this is Jamee by the way...

Lindsay and Matt said...

no idea why, that is weird! from the 'j' i thought it was my brother and i was very confused because he does not have a garden. glad your garden is doing well too though! and thanks for the non-spam comment. :)