Winter

Winter

Monday, December 1, 2008

today

Good Afternoon,
The past ten days have been the most eventful and exciting days... It all started on Friday November 21st when Matthew took me out for date night, a date night that turned into him proposing to me down on the Plaza, on the very same park bench by the water that we sat on 5 years earlier. It is where I said yes. It is where the new chapter of our lives together began again. We had an incredible dinner and then managed to celebrate with my sister, brother-in-law and brother all the same night. I loved hearing all the details of Matt's planning and preparing for this big night. He spoke to my Dad two days earlier, and my Mom the night of the proposal before dinner. He also bought the one and only ring I fell in love with when we found it at the Plaza Art Fair back in September.
We had a busy, and fun Thanksgiving. There was a baby shower and bachelorette party which consisted of ten young ladies going to dinner, and then renting out a cozy log cabin in the middle of nowhere Kansas. It was a fulfilling night of conversation, catching up with close friends, making new ones, and of course late night dancing to Mariah Carrey.
And finally on Sunday my nephew Kestan was baptized. It was a spiritual blending of two families supporting this new child into this world. The priest was very nice, had a great accent, and spoke quite loudly. Kestan however handled himself amazingly well. My brother Jeff and I became blessed as his new Godparents and it was an overall wonderful week.

No comments: